Saturday, April 24, 2010

Scarlett...What kind of name is Scarlett?

Since I am still at the breeder's and my new Mom and Dad don't have pictures of me yet, I thought I'd tell you about my name! My name is special because it has two origins. First, my Mom and Dad are from Ohio and they both went to The Ohio State University. The Buckeyes, as they are more affectionately called, have two main colors they are associated with: scarlet and gray. The color scarlet is also a girls name, but with two t's and it was a name that both my mom and dad liked (dad is REALLY picky with names he doesn't like anything mom likes). My mom also reads a lot and I'm sure it will annoy me when I want to play and she's reading a really good book, but one of her favorite books is Gone With the Wind. The main character in GWTW is Scarlett O'Hara so that is also where I got my name. In addition, we live in Atlanta where the majority of GWTW took place! I love my name and I also have some nick names started: ScarBar, Scarboro, Miss McPooch, and grandpa came up with Scar Face today...not sure how I feel about that one!

3 more weeks until I leave my dog mom and dog dad! I'm sad, but I know I will have a great life in Georgia!

4 comments:

central bark designs said...

we look forward to following your adventures - although my Mom is a USC alum - I have the collar to prove it - we STILL look forward to your adventures.
Jan 1- or "Rose Bowl Day" as it's known in our house may be a different story!

JacksDad said...

We love nicknames - but ours aren't as nice as yours! :)

Scarlett said...

Abbey - It is okay that your Mom is a USC alum, just as long as she is not Michigan Alum! I don't have an osu collar yet, but I'm sure I will soon!

Jack - My nicknames are nice right now because my parents don't have any reason to be mad at me yet! ; ) WOOF!

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Hi Scarlett

Thanks for stopping by. You are adorable and we look forward to following your puppyhood and adventures.

Tucker and Daisy